Senior Environmental Graphic Designer
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will conceptualize and design branded environments from project initiation through implementation. You will collaborate closely with interior designers, architects and strategists while partnering with clients who aim to leverage their space as an extension of their brand. Your role will comprise creative, technical and project management skills.
– Lead the design and delivery of the graphic/branding aspects of a project.
– Develop design concepts, layouts and artwork in collaboration with others or autonomously.
– Develop documents and procedures in all phases of a project.
– Contribute recommendations for design solutions.
– Perform work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and minor adaptation/modification of standard techniques and procedures.
– Interface with project consultant team.
– Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of graphic/brand design principles, graphic standards, technical details, codes and material characteristics.
– Produce creative print collateral, and environmental solutions across multiple 2D and 3D applications.
– Integrate brand messaging, color, imagery, type and composition into deliverables.
– Collaborate with clients, design teams and other graphic designers on client projects across multiple sectors.
– Lead design teams and mentor interns and/or junior designers throughout all phases of the design and documentation process.
– Manage the design process from conceptualization through fabrication (or print production) while maintaining budget and schedule constraints.
– Attend client meetings and develop positive client relationships.
– Assist in evaluating and responding to contractor submittals and requests for information.
– Assist in preparation of outline specifications.
– Assist in administration of contracts, personnel, schedule, and budget.
– Display consistent commitment to quality, innovation, learning, and growth in all aspects of professional behavior.
– Participate in firm-wide office programs and/or committees.
– Display strong time management skills.
– Develop understanding of Openbook Design financial systems.
– Participate in business development activities.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design, information design, communication design or similar.
– Minimum of 8 years of experience after graduation in a related field.
– Strong illustration, typography, composition, and information design skills.
– Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
– Works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment.
– Ability to visualize ideas in two and three dimensions.
– Direct experience with the development and implementation of brand experiences, especially as translated to built environments.
– Experience with built environments, and comprehension of architectural scales, sections, plans, and elevations are a must.
– Preferred working knowledge of print production and fabrication, vendor management, signage, and wayfinding systems.
– Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator with CAD tools, Photoshop), Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Ability to work in 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp, Revit, or Adobe Dimension is a plus.
– Ability to present and lead workshops in both Portuguese and English.
– Strong writing and presentation skills in both Portuguese and English. Additional languages (namely Arabic) are a definite advantage.